[conspire] Dodgy hydroxychloroquine study

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Mar 23 14:58:26 PDT 2020

Quoting Paul Zander (paulz at ieee.org):

> So guess which drug Doctor Oz was promoting as a possible cure?
> He even said he would fund the study of hydroxychloroquine and
> azithromycin combination.

Relevant to that, Deirdre retweeted this, a couple of days ago:

   Anna Valdez, Ph.D., RN @drannamvaldez  20 Mar

   Please do not misuse hydroxychloroquine.  This med is critical for people
   who have SLE, like me.  I was told today that my prescription cannot be
   filled because the suppliers are completely out.  Now I do not have the
   meds I actually need for an incurable disease I actually have.

'SLE' in this case is Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, an incurable
autoimmune disease in which the body's immune system mistakenly attacks
healthy tissue in many parts of the body.  Treatments may include
NSAIDs, corticosteroids, immunosuppressants, hydroxychloroquine, and
methotrexate.

But idiots gotta idiot.