[conspire] O'Reilly has some free online learning (for 30 days) that may be of interest

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Wed Mar 18 12:34:27 PDT 2020

Copy pasted from another mailing list, because several list members have expressed interest in some of these areas in the past. Received this just today, so I assume it's a current offer.

Also, for Udemy, I'm told the current secret to good offers is to use private browsing for courses you're interested in. :P

Hello <list> members,

O'Reilly Media Inc is offering <list> members a free 30-day membership to the O'Reilly online learning service. Use the code KEEPLEARNING to sign-up for your 30 day period. The sign-up website is https://learning.oreilly.com/get-learning/?code=KEEPLEARNING

It occurs to me that many of you are sheltering at home against the COVID-19 outbreak. This 30-day membership is just the right length for you to get into a topic while confined at home.

Topics include certification training, programming, media development, management, and business, among others. Some of the featured learning tracks include
   Javascript
   SQL for Data Science
   Data Science with Python
   Essential Math for Data Science
   Business Analytics with Python
   Omar Santos’s Ethical Hacking Playlist!

How about media? There are learning tracks for
   Video Production on a Budget
   Audio Engineering 101
   Understanding Photography
   The Landscape Handbook
    Hands on Blender 3D Modelling
    Mastering Autodesk Maya
    Theatre and Stage

Hardware and DIY?
     The Hardware Hacker
      101 LED Projects for Geeks

The service provides books and videos organized into playlists and learning tracks, and access to individual books and videos.

--
  Deirdre Saoirse Moen
  deirdre at deirdre.net