[conspire] (forw) Re: CABAL in the time of Cholera^W SARS-CoV-2: March event cancelled

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Mar 16 18:45:55 PDT 2020

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTMt4m96_hY

Deservedly mocked by MST3K, I see.  Man, what a dog.  (And I don't mean
the mutt the evil aliens murdered solely to demonstrate how evil they are.)

I made it to the 2:48 mark, out of a total 1:25:29 runtime, before
deciding the Eight Deadly Words ('I don't care what happens to these
people') apply in spades.  And I think that feat of stamina deserves at
least a tin cereal-box medal.

Pro bono publico, I hereby reproduce my comment to local Palo Alto
columnist Diana Diamond, at
https://www.paloaltoonline.com/blogs/p/2020/03/15/a-new-challenge-what-to-do-when-everything-is-closed
:

Oh, let's see:

1. All of that deferred yard cleanup in preparation for spring planting
in my vegetable garden and elsewhere.
2. Vast amounts of reading I've been trying to get to. (As I say every
time I have to go to DMV, a man with an e-book reader is never, ever
bored.)
3. Ooh, and stuff to view: Time to catch up on season 5 of Better Call
Saul (AMC), season 3 of Babylon Berlin (Netflix), all of American Gods
(Starz), the parts of Westworld I haven't yet seen plus the new season
that started tonight (HBO), and all of Fargo (FX Network). And if I want
to see sure-fire utter brilliance a second time, I could re-watch
Russian Doll season 1 (Netflix), Good Omens (Amazon/BBC), and Watchmen
(HBO). Oh, and season 3 of Barry (the black comedy with Bill Hader) is
due in April.
4. I'm a good cook, and now I have the opportunity to prove that every
day to my family.
5. When it's not raining, and sometimes even when it is, hikes are nice.

-- Rick Moen