[conspire] Ti-i-i-ime, is on my side, yes it is

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Sun Mar 8 19:39:44 PDT 2020

 DST/Summer Time was tried in 1974.

The oil cartel had exerted their muscle and causing long lines at gas pumps and other problems.  Washington tried to "fix" the problem by passing year around "summer time".

They forgot that the hours of daylight are short during winter months. I remember a political cartoon showing how a blanket could be made longer by cutting a foot off one end and sewing it on the other end.

 The real protest came from parents of young children who were now going to school before dawn.  Congress reacted quickly.  Next winter it was back to "standard time".
details here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_oil_crisis
If I was asked, I would go for double-dog summer time.  Move the clocks 2 hours from mid-June to mid-August.