[conspire] Public Surveys

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Mon Jun 8 14:23:25 PDT 2020

> On Jun 8, 2020, at 13:38, Ruben Safir <ruben at mrbrklyn.com> wrote:
>
> Well, you have never been chased down pitkin avenue by 40 black kids
> weilding clubs and knieves, or had a sister sexually abused, or been
> shot at on the Livonia Avenue train station, so you have to always keep
> in mind the source.

Clarification, since I responded quickly and enumerated badly and should have been clearer:

1. I do believe you were chased down Pitkin avenue. I don’t believe 40.

Gangs definitely have been a problem, but gangs are a response to a broken police system.

The solution to gangs *isn’t* a bigger police state as that just creates bigger badder gangs. It’s the old thesis-anthithesis-synthesis problem.

2. I do believe your sister’s assault and hope she was able to get treatment and help.

3. I do believe you were shot at.

Deirdre