[conspire] Argh! The Dutch!

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Mon Jun 8 09:50:17 PDT 2020

On Sun, Jun 07, 2020 at 09:53:51PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):
>
> > I like Mazal Tov cocktails in Amsterdam.  You can gewt them in the
> > Jazz place off Korte Leidsdwarsstraat, near the back entrance to the
> > Casio and the Pladium.
>
> Dude!  Would those be among the famous Dutch 'coffeeshops'?
>
> If you haven't seen it yet, here's the funniest Anthony Bourdain episode
> _ever_:  https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xo2kqz

Your experience, his experience and my experience in Amsterdam is very
different.  But I spent an aweful amount of time in Synaguages and in
homes of people I met in Synagaugues ...

The diversity, openess, and friendliness  of Amsterdam are its most charming points.

and its art.  NY, Amsterdam and Israel in general are the only three
places I'd ever been too where is it almost impossible to stand still
for any length of time and not be engaged with intense random conversation with
strangers.