[conspire] anyone notice the activity on the postfix mailing list?

alexkleider alexkleider at protonmail.com
Sun Jun 7 18:57:07 PDT 2020

Assuming you are referring to the following: "I refuse to use “whitelist”/“blacklist” or “master”/“slave” terminology for computers."
... it seems to me this is not a problem worth worrying about.  Best spend your energies lobbying against police brutality, racial injustice, ...
and leave this sort of thing well enough alone.
Besides, can anyone think of better terms to apply for the respective usages?
Remember we are talking about processes, not humans here!
I'd be curious to know the origin of the term "blacklist" and a related term "blackballing".  Are the origins racist or is it more 'white hat vs black hat', good vs evil sort of thing?