[conspire] Notice of retraction (about surgical and cotton mask effectiveness)

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Tue Jun 2 18:32:13 PDT 2020

Retracts a study from two months ago that’s been used for lockdown skepticism. (It was a study based on four patients anyway, so that’s already something that’s very small.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/COVID19/comments/gvfji9/notice_of_retraction_effectiveness_of_surgical/

"Therefore, values below the LOD [limit of detection] are unreliable and our findings are uninterpretable. Reader comments raised this issue after publication. We proposed correcting the reported data with new experimental data from additional patients, but the editors requested retraction.”

Deirdre