[conspire] Federales in Portland?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jul 29 11:22:38 PDT 2020

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> Not that Frank wasn't much better than Columbus.  Columbus didn't
> conspire with the mod on political assinations and union leaders..

Frank S. was a pretty seedy character[1], really -- but he was outstanding
in 'The Manchurian Candidate'.  Between that and his music artistry, the
good and the bad[2], his legacy is secure, and the whole town of Las Vegas
can serve as his statue.

But he was not a genocide, just a buddy of murderous mafiosi as far as
anyone has been able to prove.

[1] And with a nasty temper and quick resort to verbal abuse, thus my
joke about 'Ol' Blue Mouth'.

[2] Mikhail Baryshnikov did a dance suite called 'Sinatra Suits' that's
utterly hilarious because it pokes fun at pompous-ass aspects of Sinatra
songs used as the musical track, including of course 'I Did It My Way'.