[conspire] Federales in Portland?

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Wed Jul 22 09:15:12 PDT 2020

 While I am at the computer...  A couple days ago there were people in Chicago throwing stones at the police.  The rioters wanted to take down a statue of Columbus.
I get it that there is a dark side about the Columbus story that isn't in most history books.  BUT IMO, tearing down a statue is destruction of public property and should not be accepted.  If the people of Chicago talk to their aldermen and the city government decides to move the statue, that is OK.  But there needs to be a process to debate all sides and come to an agreement.
Why not more statues?   Remember Fearless Girl on Wall Street?  Adding a new statue tells a bigger, more complex, story.   Just removing statues erases the story.

    On Wednesday, July 22, 2020, 12:56:57 AM PDT, Ruben Safir <ruben at mrbrklyn.com> wrote:

> So, excuse me, but that seriously doesn't bother you?  Why, because you
> spent too much time with the Army in Central America, roaming around in
> countries where this sort of things and worse happen every day?

I saw most of the community I work in destroyed by riots and looting...

and it is not the first time.
so no.  And it is not being treated like an occupied state.  It sounds
like it is being treated like a US city that has fallen into chaos by
rioters.

That is why they are read there rights, and were released.  If it was an
occupied country they would be sent to Guantanmo and await a Military
Tribunal and then shunted, most likely if they are citizens, the
civilian courts. etc etc etc.

> Whereas, all you care about is 'What are the protesters doing?', etc.?
> The protesters are not shredding the Constitution, sir.  Wake up.

That is how you view it because you hate Trump.

I have no idea what is happening in Portland other than a report by an
agetator on a mailing list that calls the Federal Agents , Federelas or
whatever, BS crap he used.

I don't know what is going on there and find the entire story odd,
actually.  We will see how it shakes out.

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com