[conspire] democratic society ... _The_Prisoner_ (Re: Federales in Portland?)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jul 21 11:15:50 PDT 2020

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> It is all wrong.  The core attribute for a people to live in a Democracy
> is tolerance of things, and people you don't agree with or like.

You really, really need to watch all of the 1967 'The Prisoner', in all
of its surreal, maddening, mostly timeless but 1960s-rooted glory.  And
Nick just gave you a great gift: knowledge of where to watch pristine,
high quality sets of all 17 episodes, for free.

We'll eventually talk you into watching them.  By hook or by crook, we
will.

Currently re-watching one of the quite surreal ones, 'A, B, and C',
particularly to admire how Ron Grainer's theme music resurfaces
in different forms repeatedly at the dream party, as things get more and
more out of control.

One starts to notice production glitches like, when Number 6 is (in his
first dream) kidnapped from the Paris party in a Citroen Deux-Cheveau,
the steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car.  (Because this was
ITV, and thus shot in Wales with faux foreigners and faux-foreign
everything.)

--
Cheers,                        My pid is Inigo Montoya.  You kill -9
Rick Moen                      my parent process.  Prepare to vi.
rick at linuxmafia.com
McQ!  (4x80)