[conspire] URL sanity

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jul 3 22:34:07 PDT 2020

> at least delimiting by whitespace will sort-of-kind-of-mostly work,
> with most clients.

Achieves perfectly _my_ objectives.

Note:  I really don't give a tinker's damn whether the recipient's MUA
autoconverts a URL I mention in my e-mail into an HTML hotlink.  I
send out _plaintext_, in compliance with Postel's Prescription[1].  If
the receiving user wishes to feed a URL I send out into some software, I
figure copy and paste still works super-fine, and the user's fingers
probably aren't broken.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robustness_principle

> put your dang URLs within <>

Nope, I'd very much rather not:  Whitespace delimiting achieves
absolutely everything I consider worth achieving.