[conspire] URL sanity

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jul 3 19:56:50 PDT 2020

Quoting Paul Zander (paulz at ieee.org):

> I'd appreciate a few of you trying the above link and telling me your
> results.

'http://ncpa.n0ary.org/ncpabandplan.html' is a page.
'http://ncpa.n0ary.org/ncpabandplan.html.' is not a page.

There's a good reason why I put space characters between URIs and
adjoining punctuation, during normal mentions in plaintext, like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_bOebWQoRc .  Doing so automatically
averts an ambiguity problem that otherwise exists for the reader.

Some folks enclose mentioned URIs in angle brackets.  Far too fiddly
and ugly, IMO.

(URL above is the legendary New Year's Eve 1977 Covent Garden live
performance of 'Die Fledermaus'.  Stick with it even though the first
14 minutes have an annoying warble.  It's worth it.)