[conspire] Fry's Electronics Palo Alto, 1992-2019

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Wed Jan 8 13:50:52 PST 2020

 Yesterday evening, I encountered less heavy traffic enroute to a gathering in Sunnyvale.  I went to the Fry's store just to look around.   Many bare shelves and hooks.  In the back was a prominent display for Go Pro.  I think there might have been one camera.  The rest was just accessories.  Several aisles of shelves had been totally removed.  Only the traffic pattern in the carpet gave a clue as to what had been there.  The only department that was not mostly empty was appliances.  There were many stoves and clothes washers in boxes.

A few minutes later and half a mile away, I walked by Central Computer.  All the shelves were full, and there were possibly more customers than at Fry's.  Makes me think that Fry's is following the business models of Radio Shack and Sears.