[conspire] Update for BALE

Texx texxgadget at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 18:42:01 PST 2020

You mean executing /usr/bin/vi ?
(hysterical laughter)

Actually, we also have an offshoot from Berkeley Lug which bills itself as
a "Python gathering"
First sunday of the month from noon to 3pm at the blue Door Cafe 2244
Bancroft Berkeley.
I would class it more of a "bring your own Arduino or Raspberry Pi" type
gathering.

An actual monthly Python tutorial would actually  be a service to the
community.
Not as show up and keep your nose in your laptop like you could do at home.
An ACTUAL Python class!
A loth of the Python groups have people talk about what they did with
Python,
but NONE of them go into "This is how you code in Python"

I would suggest that we brand the First Sunday gathering as a
"Bring your own Arduino or Raspberry Pi"

While it did not stack up as advertised, it probably deserves an entry on
BALE,
at least for now.

Truth be told, Im a little tired oif these gatherings where you show up and
everyone has their nose in a laptop.
You can do that at home, so why show up?

We really need more tutorials to enhance our skill sets.

--

R "Texx" Woodworth
Sysadmin, E-Postmaster, IT Molewhacker