[conspire] (forw) You're one of 48, 580, 249 people pwned in the Straffic data breach

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Thu Feb 27 16:53:57 PST 2020

 Better was a story on this morning's television.  One of the rich people on Shark Tank got taken for $400,000.
Apparently somebody spoofed an email address that looked like a legitimate business connection and asked for payment.  The clerk thought it was legit, exchanged a couple of emails about the reason for the payment, etc, then sent it.

Only later did someone catch the breach.  The bogus email address had substituted a "0" for an "O".