[conspire] Rick's Election Analyses and Recommendations page done (and elections in mirror are closer than they appear)

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Sun Feb 23 22:37:47 PST 2020

I always fiind the comments useful and interesting, even if I don't always vote the same way.

   On Sunday, February 23, 2020, 12:26:39 AM PST, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

 Eek, the California primary is _not_ going to be in far-off June, this
time, but rather has been moved up to Super Tuesday, March 3rd, 2020.
Despite state culture, this is a clarion call to be _less_ laid back for
a change.

I try to help locals, each election, with an analysis of all
issues/candidates votable at Chez Moen.  (Your ballot elsewhere in
California will differ in some details to the degree you're not nearby.)
Anyway, I've hurried up and completed my write-up for the upcoming
election.  Like all the ones before, you'll find it linked from
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/vote.html.

Each votable issue/candidate includes a 'RM partisan analysis' paragraph
where, solely, I voice my own view for anyone interested, but that's not
the piece's point:  I mostly aim to give local voters a place to find
information and make up their own minds.

(One section is probably out of date, where I attempt to calculate and
detail how California party delegates are portioned out and how many
there are of each type.  Existing paragraphs about that subject were my
best effort in 2016, and copied forward as a placeholder until I can
re-research that arcane topic.)

Local voters who missed the Feb. 17, 2020 voter-registration deadline:
Well, you blew it, _but_ local law fortunately permits late registrtion
on a "conditional" basis up to Election Day.  See my page for details.