[conspire] Judges needed for Synopsis Science fair, Thursday March 12

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Sat Feb 22 14:02:05 PST 2020

I have been a volunteer judge for the Synopsis Science fair forseveral years and look forward to seeing what this years students aredoing. In many places a science fair is about paper mache volcanoes,but not in Silicon Valley.

The email below saysthey are still looking for more judges. So that is your opportunity to meet the next generation.

Basically you wouldspend a half day near the San Jose Convention Center. Teams ofjudges are assigned to a group of 8 to 12 projects in a "category". Most of your time will be one on one discussions with the students. After that, the judges in each group get together to compare theirnotes.  There will be a more detailed presentation of instructions for the judges at the event.

We especially need judges in Bio science, Environmental, EarthScience and Software Engineering. Both returning and new judges whohave not already registered must register online by March 1st at:

https://science-fair.org/database/judge.php

Don't forget to click the "Register as a Judge" buttonafter completing your registration form!