[conspire] 21st century web platforms

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Wed Feb 19 18:14:30 PST 2020

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 11:01:08PM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Paul Zander (paulz at ieee.org):
>
> > The proper response should be to find someone actually knows the
> > subject and present it clearly.
>
> Which is my cue to say that Ruben says it was _not_ this presentation on
> 'Security Now' that he heard about Obj-C in the iOS security context,
> but rather some other podcast that neither of us can now find.

This is the problem of using stitcher...

it goes from pocast to podcast, but it doesn't tell you what you heard
so if you don't remember, too bad on you.

So not even 5 years later and this is more or less ***poof*** from the
internet... :(

This is why I have a huge http://www.mrbrklyn.com/resources/ - just to
copy permanet records of things.

One of the other points we were making was about IOS having a sandbox..

that is tough for me to have faith in because until recently, they
didn't even have full pre-emptive multitasking on an iphone.  It seems
it has been added currenty and for a while it seemed to run a limited
multi-tasking system restricted to a few apps (I'm not sure how one
would write a scheduler for that).