[conspire] A more-effective face mask as a DIY project

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Dec 28 22:14:57 PST 2020

Quoting Paul Zander (paulz at ieee.org):

> Don't know if you will go to the local pharmacy or the county health dept.

In checking this story occasionally, I get the impression that
California is least generally following the published guidelines from
CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, which suggested
these priorities:

  Phase 1a: Front-line health care workers and people in long-term care
  facilities.

  Phase 1b: People 75 and older and front-line essential workers.

  Phase 1c: People 65 to 74, people 16 to 64 who have high-risk medical
  conditions, and other essential workers.

  Phase 2: All other persons who are 16 years and up.

How vaccines are allocated in the USA is, in an operational sense, up to
each state, and CDC thus may offer states only advice and opinions.  For
CDC's current Word of God[tm], as far as I understand the situation,
please see: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm695152e2.htm

Murky News says California Dept. of Public Health's COVID-19 Drafting
Guidelines Workgroup is scrambling to publish a detailed plan for phase
1b on _Wednesday_.  California already rolled out Phase 1a with 2.4M doses.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/12/28/heres-who-will-be-next-in-line-to-receive-californias-coronavirus-vaccines/

Article says it's expected that on Wednesday the state will define 1b's
'front-line essential workers' category to mean:

 o education and childcare
 o emergency services
 o farming, grocery stores, and similar essential businesses

Article says California expects delivery of 1.76M doses near the end of
this week.

A different Murky News article says 2M doses are scheduled to arrive in
January, and then numbers per month will then climb after that.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/12/23/next-in-line-for-the-covid-19-vaccine-the-aged-the-essential-or-both/