[conspire] mailing list, forum and social networks

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Sat Dec 26 14:38:34 PST 2020

On 12/26/20 9:25 PM, Don Marti wrote:
> begin Ivan Sergio Borgonovo quotation of Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 01:43:42AM +0100:
>
>> There should be something in between linking a post on a mailing list
>> archive from your website or your social network and doing nothing.
>
> How about linklogs?
>
> https://static.zgp.org/linklog/
>
> I have a set of scripts that builds that from
> (as of today) 17,412 RSS feeds (including feeds
> from other linklogs). You can gateway it to mail (
> https://blog.zgp.org/linklog-by-mail/ ) or gateway
> a mailing list into RSS and use that.
>
> It's more flexible than Twitter, but slower.

Let the code speak.
I don't clearly get what your software is doing from the output.

The only thing that could get near to what I had in mind would have to
be integrated in the mailing list software (mailing list manager and
archive).

The mailing list manager sends emails containing a link, if you follow
the link the mailing list archive will add a "like" to the post.

Once you have the "likes" you could generate pages with most liked posts
or add the most liked post of a thread when people are consulting the
archive and so on.

I bet this is going to boost ranking on SE and sooner or later it will
be explicitly added as a signal in SE algorithms.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
https://www.webthatworks.it https://www.borgonovo.net