[conspire] So, CABAL, eh? Saturday the 12th, eh? 4pm, eh?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Dec 11 15:55:41 PST 2020

Quoting Josef Grosch (jgrosch at gmail.com):

> Sorry your medical procedure got postponed. I'll be checking in
> Tomorrow.  See you guys then.

Looking forward to it.

For obvious reasons, I don't go into detail about personal medical
matters on the open Internet.  Suffice to say, this was a non-risky
procedure that will ultimately be needed but could be done only in a
hospital following months and months of preliminaries, only the least
and latest of which was a negative PCR-RT test for COVID-19 infection
early this week.  As of Thursday morning, I was all cleared to show up
for the procedure on Friday morning at 5:45am.  I was lining up the last
steps, paying my co-payment and preregistering, getting ready to take an
afternoon nap so that I could wake up Friday morning 3am to drink my
prescribed carbohydrate drink, spread the surgical goo, and go down
there -- when the telephone rang.  'Sorry, it's been cancelled
indefinitely.'

Months of waiting, and it got cancelled because of the tidal wave of
virus overwhelming our medical system _hours_ before my scheduled time.

My doctor called me today and had a valid point, though:  'If you'd
ended up needing to stay in the hospital for a few days, you'd have been
surrounded by a sea of COVID-19 patients.'  Um, right.  Forgot about
that.  OK, fine, I'm good.