[conspire] So, CABAL, eh? Saturday the 12th, eh? 4pm, eh?

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Fri Dec 11 14:04:05 PST 2020

 I hope to attend.
When we are not laughing at the crazy legal antics, I have a couple questions about web browsers.  By this email, Rick and others have time to think about the subjects.   I can wait until Saturday for a discussion.
Normally I don't pay much attention to the browser as long as the Mozilla offering works.  However:
1)  What became of IceWeasel and siblings?
2)   Regarding certificates of websites, my first awareness was when I was being warned that my personal info might not be secure.  It was common to get this warning even from places that were not selling anything or asking for any of my info.  I found it a mixture of puzzling and amusing.  From an earlier item, I understand that even now that certs are not especially robust or secure and continue to cause problems for people with websites that are not an ecommerce business.