[conspire] A personal best for the crazy (the route to Jan. 20th)

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Sat Dec 5 07:00:42 PST 2020

On 04Dec2020 10:45pm (-0800), Rick Moen wrote:
> Court case: Kelli Ward v Constance Jackson, et al., Maricopa County, AZ
> case CV2020-015285,   (That's Kelli Ward, Arizona GOP Chair.)
> https://www.clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov/records/election-2020/cv2020-015285
>

> https://twitter.com/AkivaMCohen/status/1334296953845395457
> (and tweets that followed)
[...]
>   They're arguing that the Constitution is unconstitutional.

I highly recommend this guy's review of My Cousin Vinnie when you get a chance, but it came up in this analysis of the set of lawsuits from a few days ago:

	https://youtu.be/v-nblE8ps2M

There is a confusing mix of blind dogma, inexperience with federal court procedures, and outright foolishness driving this mess.  As Rick pointed out, the end goal of this isn't actually to secure any victories, but to raise money and to leave behind a "lost cause" narrative that can be used in future to rally a new generation of voters to their cause.

Still, it is an entertaining passtime to comb through it all and work out the dividing lines between malice, incompetence and indifference, isn't it?