[conspire] Also, CCs off a mailing list you know I've muted

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Aug 7 00:18:40 PDT 2020

>> Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):
>>
>> > Cc: conspire at linuxmafia.com, docs at mrbrklyn.com
>>
>> Oh, _hell_ no.
>
> Sorry

I appreciate the apology, and understand you just wish to share things,
in a generous spirit.

There's a related thing I need to mention, while I'm at it.

tl;dr:  What's up with CCing me dozens of times on 'docs' after you knew
I'd set 'no mail' to avoid being blitzed by it, and would visit its
archives if I wanted to read its traffic?

Longer version:

On May 18th, I told you I'd set your 'docs' mailing list to 'no mail'
on my subscription, for five reasons:  (1) 'docs' had massively increased
my mailing-list traffic level, interfering with my getting things done.
(2) Most traffic was NYC-specific.  (3) Subscribers kept doing abusive
things like shoving entire movies out to all subscribers, but you as
listadmin didn't even scold them.  (4) There was way, way too much
ideological advocacy, flogging the same points over and over, even
though your chosen lot of regulars share the views in question, i.e.,
you kept obsessively propagandising each other with views you already
share.

(5) In gross violation of netiquette, you'd force-subcribed me, i.e.,
it wasn't a mailing list I'd actually elected to join in the first place.
Worse, you did this immediately after I had _just_ read you the riot act
for force-listing me onto 'docs' the first time, when you'd initially
implemented 'docs' via /etc/aliases.  So, it's like you weren't
listening when I said 'Never do this bad thing', and did it a second
time using slightly different technology.

On May 18th, I cut the flow by setting 'no mail', explained to you
why I was doing so, _and_ stressed that, whenever I wanted to read
'docs' traffic, I could & would do so via its Mailman archive.
And what has been happening since then?  You've done this, several dozen
times: