[conspire] When to get a covid test, brains, and a weird case, and a cardiology vs. immunology joke

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Thu Aug 6 15:29:59 PDT 2020

> > Everyone and there mother is trying to make bread now on COVID-19.
> >
> > You should have been around for the HIV epidmenic.  They really knew how
> > to party then... and everyone and there mother had a pet paper in there
> > pocket with the latest wrinkle, often ending up killing the patient with
> > radical therapies.
>
> What makes you think I wasn't?

Because I WAS there and I didn't see you.
> I absolutely was reading science journals then.

Which was frankly a PIA when we were trying to save lives and just like
now, idiots with journals in there hands and politicians killed
thousands of lives and unecesarily threw the entire healthcare system
into turmoil.

My favorite was preventing patients from being discharged with TD from
the hospital which directly resulted in resistant TD spreading into the
community killing perhaps millions of innocent people, many of whom
never even suffered from AIDS.

Any paper that is not supported by clinical observation on the floors is
a worthless peice of garbage in a crisis.

You know we have patients to treat here, not just stroke the egos of
acamedemic researchers and research centers.

I'm trying to teach you something here, Dedrie.  I'm not debating this
with you because I'm the one that sees the patients, and treats them,
and writes the statistics that you largely consume.  It is not the other
way around.

You do not make medical decisions based on published papers... NEVER.

Medical decisions are made on concensus which is developed, mostly, in
rounds and grand rounds, and in consultation on the hospital floors.
This paper is as a a fact, addressing a condition we are not seeing in
the patients.  It is one of hundreds of papers that are reviewed daily.
It has already been read and consumed by the profession
and it is a a very small data point, that we will recall if and when it
becomes a clinical problem in the rehabilitation stages of the epidemic.