[conspire] Ruben, do NOT crosspost between mailing lists (was: When to get a covid test, brains, and a weird case, and a cardiology vs. immunology joke)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Aug 6 11:53:25 PDT 2020

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> Cc: conspire at linuxmafia.com, docs at mrbrklyn.com

Oh, _hell_ no.

<hat="listadmin">
I'm not going to wave around sanctions or anything like that, but wanted
to politely call to your attention the fact that cross-posting across
multiple mailing lists is a terrible idea -- and ask you to please not
do that in the future.

I'm once again, as with you on other occasionsfinding creative ways to
mess up (e.g., posting a NYC utility company's entire terms of service
to a Linux user group mailing list across the country from you),
surprised to find myself needing to say this.  You're a fellow mailing
list administrator:  You ought to know better.  You _really_ ought to
know better.

If I see you doing that again, I will deploy Mailman's automated
filtering feature to autoreject any and all such crossposts.  And I will
be well and truly annoyed at needing to do so, too.
</hat>