[conspire] Numbers racket

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Mon Apr 27 16:45:45 PDT 2020

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 03:11:53PM -0700, Deirdre Saoirse Moen wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2020, at 2:08 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:
> > On 4/27/20 5:55 AM, Deirdre Saoirse Moen wrote:
> > > Exactly, and that assumes that there’s immunity, which we still do not
> > > know.
> >
> > When there is no immunity the patients die.  That is what happens with
> > HIV.  There is no immunity and the patients never overcome the disease
> > and they die.  Most patients take this one and never get more than a
> > cold.  That is the defintion of immunity.
>
> It is not, not at all. We do not know they cannot get *reinfected*. That is an assumption that people have been making that is unwarranted.

It is.  That is what the anti-bodies are, and how the B and T cells
interact.  The reason it fails for HIV is that HIV attacks the T-Cells.

> 1. We don't know that

You don't know that, but I do.

> we can create an effective vaccine because we have never created an effective vaccine for the betacoronavirus family for humans.

The problem with the vaccine ... actually there are a lot of problems
with the vaccine, most of them political.  It is likely we can create a
vaccine.. it is very very likely.

> 2. Even if we did, we don't know that it would actually prevent reinfection, or that reinfection wouldn't actually be worse (my point in raising dengue).

There is no way you are getting reinfection.  Your completely
misunderstanding this.  When your body can't produce immunity, you NEVER
defeat the virus.  You remain sick forever until you die.

The immunity can wear off in time, but that is true of most viruses.

If you want to believe otherwise, then pack it in, because this is the
end of mankind, and you have a front row seat.

> I'm going to harp on the second because it's more fun.
>
> The cytokine release storm that causes the unreal lung issues

This has nothing to do with cytokines.

By the time you get to a cytokine storm, the game is over.

> in ICU patients in COVID-19 who are otherwise healthy implies that there is a possibility of antibody-dependent enhancement, but I have lost the tab with the logic for that, mea culpa. So my apologies for the lapse of logic between this paragraph and the next.
>
> HAVING HAD THE VIRUS MAY MAKE REINFECTION WORSE, NOT PREVENT REINFECTION.

For some patients that might be true, unfortunately.  If the initial
innoculation is incomplete, the second response can be more destructive,
assuming that there is an autoimmune component.  In general though, that
is not how this virus works.  Cytokine storms happen in most septicsemic
shock, but that doesn't make these autoim,une diseases.

The diseass that act as your describing is like step and scalet fever.

It might be difficult to develop a vaccination, but it is really just a
matter of time.  Immunity, there is no doubt about it.  We build
immunity to these viruses all the time.  The alternative is exctinction.

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antibody-dependent_enhancement

Umm - I have other sources.  Goodman and Gilman amoung others
https://medicostimes.com/goodman-gilmans-pharmacology-pdf/

This is 12, it is up to 13

Marsh and Kendal
https://www.abebooks.com/9780849380334/Physiology-Immunity-Comparative-Immunology-Marsh-0849380332/plp