[conspire] A Man Drank 1 Bottle Rubbing Alcohol For COVID-19. This Is What Happened To His Brain

Alex Kleider akleider at sonic.net
Fri Apr 24 23:55:30 PDT 2020

On 2020-04-24 22:58, Deirdre Saoirse Moen wrote:
> Since apparently it needed to be said….
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMSgoppbXiU
>
> Science dude Chubbyemu explains alcohol metabolism, which is both
> horrifying and fascinating. 14 minutes.

I confess to not having watched the video..  but...
Your post reminds me of having learned in Medical school some 55 years
ago that if someone shows up in the ER having consumed rubbing alcohol
(a, at least then, common occurrence on what were at that time called
'Indian' reservations) the first line of treatment was to blind fold
him/her (usually the former.)  Blindness is the sequel and apparently
less likely to occur if no light hits the retina. I still assume this to
be true but confess to not having ever taken the trouble to verify it.
It may become relevant in current times.
Just a little vignette to provide some light entertainment in these lock
down days.
Stay safe; stay healthy.