[conspire] Senior-year high school photos

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Apr 16 00:00:42 PDT 2020

Quoting Texx (texxgadget at gmail.com):

> One of these days, I will finish an article to be posted to Linked IN
> "Identity Theft For Fun & Profit", the gist of which is that with the
> last 4 digits of your SSN, your resume and birthday, and some
> websearching will give you the entire SSN.  All you have to do is
> pretend to be a recruiter, and you can reverse engineer SSN for sale
> on the dark web.

I'm willing to set you a challenge:  On 10:1 betting odds, my $10
set against your $1, can you telephone me (650-283-7902) by May 15, 2020
and tell me my correct Social Security Number?  (Deirdre will be
reminded to, of course, not tell you the answer.  Cheryl doesn't have
it, and our two cats would charge you more for the knowledge than it's
worth -- and require payment in salmon.)

You aren't going to get easy access to my resume, and my birthday is not
AFAIK discoverable on the Web[1], _and_ there is also another obstacle
that everyone attempting that trick, including real recruiters, would
face, but I'm not going to say what that obstacle is.

You may accept my wager, if you wish, no later than the end of this
Friday, by e-mail to either conspire at linuxmafia.com or to
rick at linuxmafia.com, or both.  Wager will be no longer offered after
that time (and is not offered even at this time to anyone but you).

[1] I don't mention that datum in public, specifically for security
reasons, and people close to me know that I would prefer that they not
disclose it, either.  Likwise as a security precaution, I don't make my
resume widely available, either, including to persons who 'pretend to be
a recruiter'.