[conspire] About that toilet paper thing

Texx texxgadget at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 23:08:50 PDT 2020

Ya, I read that article, but I also remember the line of pickup trucks
PACKED to the gunrails pulling out of my local COSTCO.
in early MArch

I also remember flour on ebay for $30 a pound in March

I understand the supply chain and that you cant redirect institutional to
retail because of packaging issues.

Outside of this list, there is still a lot of world war 3 panic mentality.

Yeast & flour demand is up, I suspect that part of it is people finally
have time to bake, its a good way to interact with the kids,
and you just cant beat the smell of fresh baked bread, but $30 a pound?

Reminds me, I got a bread recipe Im DYING to try....

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 8:50 PM Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> Quoting Texx (texxgadget at gmail.com):
>
> > Everyone has been trying to figure out why everyone is hoarding TP.
>
> Mu.  That's just not fundamentally what's gone on.
>
> Please see:
>
> https://marker.medium.com/what-everyones-getting-wrong-about-the-toilet-paper-shortage-c812e1358fe0
>

> > For those who havent heard, Trader Joes is open 0900-1000 on Mondays fro
> Sr
> > only shopping (often separate line) [...]
>
> Maintained list (grocery stores):
> https://sf.funcheap.com/city-guide/grocery-store-senior-hour/
>
> There are a lot of local variations in how policies are interpreted,
> e.g., as to what 'senior' is deemed to mean, and whether staff query
> customers about eligibility.

R "Texx" Woodworth
Sysadmin, E-Postmaster, IT Molewhacker
"Face down, 9 edge 1st, roadkill on the information superdata highway..."