[conspire] Beat the heat: Come to CABAL

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Sat Sep 14 09:54:57 PDT 2019

 It typical to have a few really hot days in September.  At least this year there are no forest fires filling the Bay Area with smoke.

Late yesterday afternoon, on TV station showed current temps

San Mateo  32Santa Clara 34San Jose 34
Hotter at other locations like Concord and Napa.  On average, I think its hard to find a better climate over the full year than the region near Menlo Park and Palo Alto.   Don't forget Redwood City: "Climate Best by Government Test".  Not as hot as Concord in the summer, not as cold as Norway in the winter.

Anyway today looks to be noticeably cooler.

The last Electronics Flea Market for 2019 is winding down as I type this.  I saw several radios that were new when I was in high school and a crowd of people looking to buy vacuum tubes.

Tonight I will be with a different group that only meets infrequently.  Currently nothing on my calendar for October, but things have a way of coming up on 2nd Saturdays.  Hope everyone enjoys the pizza with tomato sauce.  Once I had a huge basil crop and made pesto.  It was good, but took a lot of work to separate leaves from stems.

Paul