[conspire] (forw) Legacy DSL ending at Raw Bandwidth on 12/19/19 - please read carefully!

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Nov 15 09:15:15 PST 2019

> You might also check www.wavebroadband.com to see if they can reach
> you with their cable modem service.  I think static IPs would be
> available on their business service if service is generally
> available. It's same technology as Comcast but their own network if
> they can reach you.

Wave Broadband called to say that my street address in West Menlo _is_
within their service area for fibre but not for copper cable, so I
expressed interest and they're doing a site survey over the next couple
of days.  So, I gather that if I were to sign up, they'd do a short run
of fibre optic from somewhere on Altschul Drive to my house.

I gather that with a lot of these services, a lot depends on what
cabling they have near a target address.