[conspire] linuxmafia.com disk drives & (md) RAID-1 ... uh oh ;-}

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Thu May 23 20:04:50 PDT 2019

Hmmm, I thought you(/we/I) had earlier fixed that?
... but maybe that was then;
this is "now" (stumbled across while draftin' up an email):
$ ssh -ax linuxmafia.com. 'cat /proc/mdstat' | less
Personalities : [raid1]
md0 : active raid1 sdb5[0]
       1951744 blocks [2/1] [U_]

md1 : active raid1 sdb6[0]
       1461760 blocks [2/1] [U_]

md2 : active raid1 sdb7[0]
       2931712 blocks [2/1] [U_]

md3 : active raid1 sdb9[0]
       5855552 blocks [2/1] [U_]

md4 : active raid1 sdb10[0]
       5229056 blocks [2/1] [U_]

unused devices: <none>
$ ssh -ax linuxmafia.com. 'grep . /sys/block/sd[a-z]/size /dev/null'
/sys/block/sda/size:143374805
/sys/block/sdb/size:35861388
$

Are you in need of drive?
Do I recall correctly it uses [P]ATA/IDE?
Hmm, wonderin', is sdb currently something else? (e.g. USB backup drive),
or primary and secondary (sdb) disk drives of different sizes ... I thought
they were same (or close in) size ... or maybe I'm misremembering, or
maybe it's changed.

Oh, and CABAL, Saturday ... I'll probably be there (thus far intending
to).
Do also have hardware if you might be interested (even picked up some
more today I probably need to add to list):
https://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:offered_wanted_hardware_etc
Holler if there's something offered there I have that you want (and may
want me to bring to Cabal)

Anyway, let me know if you need/want assistance, or want me to look
into the md situation further (and/or correct if feasible).