[conspire] (forw) HaveIBeenPwned.com (was: Safer Browsing)

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Fri Mar 15 14:37:37 PDT 2019

 Similar situation with my wife.  Everyone knows her as Cathy. Everyone, except banks and the DMV.  I could list many websites that list her by that name.

Her full name has a distinctive spelling.  On occasions such as when a business asks her to open an "account" she sometimes deliberately gives a wrong spelling.  Later we start getting postal mail with the same wrong spelling.  Makes it real easy to sort those without opening.

Then she thought she had time to have an account at Mark Z's place.  As I said, all of her real friends know her as Cathy, so that is how she registered her account.  She got kicked off for something about violating their "terms and conditions."