[conspire] Michael Paoli @ CABAL Saturday ... & crimpers (telephone handset, line cord, & Ethernet)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Mar 9 00:24:53 PST 2019

> Yes, I'll be at CABAL this Saturday.

Oh noes!  Hide the silverware!

> Also, I'll be bringing some of my crimping tools (you
> supply the connectors/cables).

I have the residuum of a 1000' spool of CAT5 cabling (probably still
most of it), and people are welcome to take modest lengths.  Today, one
would buy CAT6E, but I bought the thing at Graybar's former store in
SOMA.  (They still have some in the Bay Area, and are an excellent
source of such things.

As does Michael, I do have crimping tools with parts for doing either
RJ45 or RJ11 (but I've really never had a need for anything but the
former).  And other tchotches required for network work, such as a toner
and inductive amplifier.

The slow-cooked pork roast w/apples, celery, carrots, mushrooms, and
bell pepper is about done, the loaf for garlic bread is ready to go, and
pies are in the oven right now.