[conspire] Kaminsky

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Mar 4 22:56:22 PST 2019

Quoting Kim Davalos (kdavalos at sonic.net):

> <https://twitter.com/dakami><https://twitter.com/dakami/status/953444486209716225>
> <https://twitter.com/dakami>
> "I'm increasingly thinking that every functioning system has two
> forms: The abstraction that outsiders are led to believe, and the
> reality that insiders actually and carefully operate. You don't
> incrementally learn a system. You eventually unlearn its necessary
> lies."
> 5:50 PM - 16 Jan 2018
>
> ~Dan Kaminsky <https://twitter.com/dakami>

Oh, _very_ good.

If you ever get a chance to see a Dan Kamisky keynote at a Usenix
conference or anywhere else, don't miss it.  (I'm sure a bunch of them
are preserved online, and are worth your time.)

Found via the resulting Twitter thread, yet another worthwhile and
deeply scary essay on software engineering:
https://medium.com/message/everything-is-broken-81e5f33a24e1