[conspire] CABAL rescheduled to Aug. 24th (4th Sat.)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Jul 28 19:02:26 PDT 2019

The next CABAL gathering would normally be Saturday, Aug. 10th (2nd
Saturday), but will need to be delayed by a fortnight to the _4th_
Saturday, August 24th.  Why?  Because of a windfall that fell into
Deirdre's and my laps.

Our friends Val and Ron Ontell, travel agents, have been offering a
guided tour around the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland over the
two weeks leading up to the World Science Fiction Convention in Dublin
(the 'Worldcon', https://dublin2019.com/).  The tour is roughly as
described here:  http://ontell.org/ireland/Itinerary-Ireland%202019.pdf

Recently, a couple were obliged to cancel owing to some misfortune, so
Val & Ron asked if two people wanted to take their place.  I spoke up,
and then found out that meant Deirdre and I are stepping into a prepaid
($7476) tour that includes all accomodations, guides, transportation,
and most meals.  It's just about cheaper than staying home, especially
since were paying for air travel to and from Dublin for the Worldcon
anyway.

So, shed a bitter tear for us having a party with our friends in
Ireland, and we'll see you on the 24th.