[conspire] (forw) [GoLugTech] GoLUG leadership: was Linux users protested at Microsoft?

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Wed Feb 20 00:38:00 PST 2019

Excerpt cloud is their 3rd largest business line (of 3). What’s biggest? “More Personal Computing,” including—wait for it—OS licenses.

More Personal Computing
More Personal Computing segment consists of products and services geared towards harmonizing the interests of end users, developers, and IT professionals across all devices. This segment primarily comprises:
•​Windows, including Windows original equipment manufacturer (“OEM”) licensing and other non-volume licensing of the Windows operating system; Windows Commercial, comprising volume licensing of the Windows operating system, Windows cloud services, and other Windows commercial offerings; patent licensing; Windows Internet of Things (“IoT”); and MSN advertising.
•​Devices, including Microsoft Surface, PC accessories, and other intelligent devices.
•​Gaming, including Xbox hardware and Xbox software and services, comprising Xbox Live transactions, subscriptions, and advertising (“Xbox Live”), video games, and third-party video game royalties.
•​Search.

Deirdre