[conspire] Meet Robert Howard Schnacke

Texx texxgadget at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 17:12:59 PST 2019

A few thoughts on your thoroughly amusing post & thread:

First, never take on a cornered ferocious beast.

Next, after reading this, now I KNOW why you turned out the way you did
(hysterical laughter)

And after hearing this story, SOMEONE is going to call you a bastard for
telling it.  (more laughter)

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 11:32 AM Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> Quoting Dire Red (deirdre at deirdre.net):
>
> > To be clear, this means a US Attorney who was head of the criminal
> > division of our local federal district committed a felony, as minors
> > cannot legally consent to sex. There are exceptions for "within a
> > couple of years" of age these days, but the entire law was intended to
> > protect *exactly this situation*. It's statutory rape, and for a good
> > reason.
>
> Deirdre pointed this fact out to me about an hour ago, and my jaw
> dropped.  I hadn't even thought about that!
>
> Oh.  My.  That's an even _bigger_ reason I never should have breached the
> subject with Judge Schnacke & his wife in their retirement years (if I'd
> been able to approach them when they were still around), and would have
> been well advised to remain silent on the subject in public until he
> died:  I'd have been implicitly saying 'Hi, remember that felony you
> committed in September 1957 when you, at age 44, committed statutory
> rape against a 16-year-old girl?  If it'll help jog your memory, at that
> time you were Assistant US Attorney and chief of the Criminal Division
> for the Northern District of California.'
>
> That would definitely _not_ have been a wise move.  So, it's just as
> well that the man was long in the grave before I heard about his 1957
> two-day fling with my bio-mom.

R "Texx" Woodworth
Sysadmin, E-Postmaster, IT Molewhacker
"Face down, 9 edge 1st, roadkill on the information superdata highway..."