[conspire] CABAL tomorrow, Sat., Aug 24, 2019

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Aug 23 16:41:29 PDT 2019

OMG, you probably forgot!  The August CABAL shindig got delayed by two
weeks and is occurring tomorrow.  How embarrassing that must be - but
you can recover by showing up, enjoying yourself, and sharing good
cheer.

Towards the worthy goal of good cheer, I will be grilling meat on the
propane grill again, and y'all are welcome to also bring any grillables
you wish to have cooked.  The weather is looking to be again bloody
perfect.

Hero of the month is CABAL stalwart Kim Davalos, who worked tirelessly
to try to help find our 16-year-old cat Tanner, who went missing about a
week after Deirdre and I left for Ireland.  Tanner remains missing, but
Kim did miracles to try to find her, right when we needed help, and the
aid is deeply appreciated.

We still hope Tanner will show up, and have a few more trick to play,
but today our household signed the paperwork at Nine Lives Foundation
(https://www.ninelivesfoundation.org/) to adopt a pair of four-month-old
cats, names yet to be decided.  (It'll be a while before we can bring
them home.)

I hope to see folks, tomorrow!