[conspire] NoScript

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Thu Sep 20 10:17:45 PDT 2018

Someone, not on the CABAL list, asked why I use No Script and didn't it limit my access to some fancy websites.  Below is my reply.  Did I get this reasonably correct?

More and more websites use javascript.  Also many of those scripts link to other websites.

links.  What is the benefit to me to load facebook or
googlesyndication?

Javascripts take up CPU cycles on my computer.  Using my resources to serve up ads I am not interested in.  After I have bought something on line, why do I want to see ads for the same stuff?

Last, and most important, once a script is running on my computer, there are too many ways the bad actors can do things I don't want.