[conspire] Replacement Computer Was: 3rd Master Hard Disk Error

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Fri Nov 23 13:20:31 PST 2018

Thank you to everyone for letting me clutter you inbox.  I found it helpful just to write out the information.
So after a lot of web searching, I ordered a new Lenovo laptop from newEgg.  AMD Ryzen processor.  I checked the exact model of CPU and graphics against AMD web-site.
It has a 2.5" internal SATA.  After making sure it is in working order, I will carefully remove many small screws and remove the harddrive and install the drive that has been an external drive to run Linux on other laptop.  Then I will have one laptop that starts as Win10 for those "special" activities.  And another laptop that just boots from internal drive with Linux, and an "spare" drive with Win10.
And going back to email thread of many months ago, the install will be Debian Stable.
Lastly, install and test diagnostic utilities.