[conspire] new computer?

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Wed Nov 21 10:33:30 PST 2018

> Regarding vintage hardware, I found that NewEgg sells IDE drives with the note that the manufacture no long supports it, but NewEgg has a warranty.  That ought to be better than Craigs List.  Now I know my problem is a SATA drive so I don't have to go that route.

I would go with modern SSD and an IDE adapter (msata-ide) over buying
actual legacy IDE drives.  The price per megabyte has fallen
dramatically, and you will like the performance improvement.  Just
make sure you get SSD that are small enough for your legacy hosts's
BIOS and OS to handle.  Luckily they are readiily available (spinning
media in those sizes, largely).

And backups, backups, backups.