[conspire] 3rd Master Hard Disk Error

Steve M Bibayoff bibayoff at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 16:31:37 PST 2018

Hello,

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 11:24 AM paulz at ieee.org <paulz at ieee.org> wrote:

> During POST and before GRUB, one of my computers gives the error message
>     3rd Master Hard Disk Error
> and says press F1 to continue.
> What next?

Well, you could post what type of system you have. How many HD's? What
king are they (ide, sata, version)? How the HD's are connected? Same
bus? Different controller? You have a CD/DVD player? What does the
bios say what is connected where?

In my experience, this is usually either a sata controller issue, or a
problem with the circuit board on the HD itself (the platters would
report fine with whatever test you run).

Just a start,
Steve