[conspire] Fwd: govdelivery.com Re: Official November 6 General Election Information

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Nov 3 02:00:45 PDT 2018

Quoting Fred Brockman (fbrock at att.net):

> The IRS of US Dept of Treasury uses govdelivery.com for their public
> relations email: tips, general notices, video links, etc. going back
> to at least to December 2015. I think it's part of the trend to
> contracting out internal services to private contractors. Also
> suspect it's used by other government agencies.

It's funny:  I've worked at several firms (that shall go nameless) over
the last couple of decades that engaged the services of outsourced
Internet firms to contact employees from external-to-the-firm e-mail
addresses and advise them to visit some external Web site and enter
sensitive or personal information there.  In every case, I've politely
inquired with my management if said contact from nobody-in-particular
reflected any directive from management, and then tried very hard to
conceal my scorn when the answer translated to 'Oh, yes, I guess we
forgot to tell you that.'