[conspire] Yes, Virginia, there is a CABAL

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri May 11 21:34:00 PDT 2018

Weirdly, there seems to be some recurring uncertainty on the part of
some regulars, about whether the scheduled and advertised CABAL meeting
will occur this month on the regularly scheduled 2nd Saturday date.
This is wonderfully human and almost endearing:  In an era where you can
look up good information on http://linuxmafia.com/cabal/ about whether
_this_ Saturday is CABAL or not, I still get e-mails and telephone calls
asking 'Hey, is CABAL today?'  I swear, _one_ of the regulars calls my
cellular _during_ the CABAL meeting -- every. single. time. -- to ask
'Hey, is the CABAL meeting going on?'

Anyway, yes, Virginia[1], there is a CABAL.  _This_ Saturday, May 12, 02018,
4pm to 12 midnight.  (Operators are _not_ standing by.)
Exactly as advertised on http://linuxmafia.com/cabal/ , you see.

That URL again:  http://linuxmafia.com/cabal/

(Hey, here's a thought:  Web-search the term 'bookmark' for its
World-Wide Web meaning.  Joe-Rick says:  Check it out.)

I will be slow-cooking (to share) a roast that has been marinating for
four days in my refrigerator.  And other Guest Foods to Be Determined.
(Ross says he's done some pork in his sous vide, so we will not lack for
animal flesh.)

There's also a birthday to celebrate / observe.  (Pick any one or two
verbs.)  Which you'll miss doing if you don't come.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes,_Virginia,_there_is_a_Santa_Claus[2]
[2] Persons named Virginia are welcome at CABAL meetings but not
obligatory.