[conspire] upgrade and grub

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Wed Jun 27 11:31:33 PDT 2018

Because many people have some familiarity with seamonkey, it is a good example for discussion about programs not supported by Debian.

You suggested other HTML editors, none of them are official Debian packages either.  My only choice is to find a tarball to download.

Yes, programs are generally added to the menus.  LXMED allows me to re-arrange things, or rename "Firefox ESR" to plain Firefox.
Now I have an instance of a program that doesn't consistently install: openscad.  Their web-site suggested creating a file under sources.list.d.

$ cat sources.list.d/openscad.list
deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/t-paul/Debian_Testing_standard/ ./

On one computer, apt-get install worked and the program runs.
On a different computer, I get errors about two lib files "but it is not installable"   libcgal12 and libqt5scintilla2

Back to the first computer, those lib files don't seem to be installed.

Apparently the experts know something because openscad is a package in stable, but not testing.  Maybe a library problem that has not be properly fixed.