[conspire] CABAL & spuds ...

Elise Scher elise.scher01 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 20:58:55 PDT 2018

Hi People,
     I am having trouble with my latest Python class assignment and would
appreciate your help.
    I am using emacs to create and modify the source code for each
assignment. Tabs seem to automatically be placed in each program. Not only
do the tabs tend to make each Python 3 program not work, but the instructor
takes off points for my having tabs in the program.
     I am getting quite frustrated with having to check for tabs as best I
can and replace each tab with four spaces.
     The professor suggested something about pep8. I am not sure how to
update emacs on my Xbuntu laptop to implement that.
      I will try to cut and paste what he said in a subsequent email.
      I would really like an editor where I could toggle back and forth
between regular display of the source file and a unicode/ascii view of the
file. Years ago when I programmed for a living, I think I had an editor
that did that.

Thank you,
Elise Scher