[conspire] Anyone know a data scientist?

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Thu Jan 25 15:59:54 PST 2018

So basically "Data Scientist" means whatever a particular company defines it to mean for purposes of categorizing their various "software" people.

I was once at a company that had a mix of software engineers and "system analysts".   Both types of people wrote software.  The SA's didn't really do any special analysis, they just worked on a different aspect of the company's products.
If I was interested in such a position, which I am not, I would match key words from the job description to words I can use in my resume.